Terms & Naming¶
It's a type of data. E.g. Account, Contact, Opportunity, Task, Knowledge Base.
Entity types are named in UpperCamelCase (start with a capital letter).
The list of available entity types can be obtained at: Administration > Entity Manager > Name column.
Entities have their fields and links.
A field is a unit of data. Entities have their own set of fields. E.g. name, status, createdAt, assignedUser.
Fields are named in lowerCamelCase (start with a lowercase letter).
The list of available fields for a specific entity type can be obtained at: Administration > Entity Manager > needed entity type > Fields > Name column.
Each field can have one or few attributes (depending on the field type).
The list of available field types can be found here.
Most fields have only one attribute named the same as its field. E.g.
createdAt field has attribute
createdAt. Some fields have multiple attributes.
Attributes are named in lowerCamelCase (start with a lowercase letter).
Field types having multiple attributes:
- Link: fieldId, fieldName
- Link-Multiple: fieldIds, fieldNames (ids − array of ids, names − object of id=>name pairs)
- Link-Parent: fieldId, fieldType, fieldName (type is entity type)
- Currency: field, fieldCurrency (currency is currency code)
- Person Name: firstName, lastName, middleName, salutation
- Address: fieldStreet, fieldCity, fieldPostalCode, fieldCountry, fieldState
where field is the name of the field.
A link represents a relationship with another entity. Entities have their set of links.
Links are named in lowerCamelCase (start with a lowercase letter).
The list of available links for a specific entity type can be obtained at: Administration > Entity Manager > needed entity type > Links > 4th column.
Each relationship between two entity types is a pair of two links on both sides.
Relationship type & link types mapping:
- One-to-Many: hasMany + belongsTo
- Many-to-One: belongsTo + hasMany
- Many-toMany: hasMany + hasMany
- One-to-One Right: belongsTo + hasOne
- One-to-One Left: hasOne + belongsTo
- Parent-to-Children: hasChildren + belongsToParent