In this article:
- Check logs
- Check system requirements
- Scheduled Jobs are not working
- Running rebuild from CLI
- EspoCRM is not loading after upgrade
- MySQL error: The server requested authentication method unknown to the client
- Emails are not being fetched
- Enabling debug mode for a logger
- Admin password is lost, can't log in
To find out the problem, you have to check error log files.
EspoCRM error logs¶
EspoCRM logs are located at
<ESPOCRM_DIRECTORY>/data/logs/*.log and contain some error information.
Apache error logs¶
For Ubuntu server an apache error log is located at
/var/log/apache2/error.log and contains all error information. The location of log files can be different on other systems.
Check system requirements¶
At Admiistration > System Requirements. It's important to have all required extensions installed.
Scheduled Jobs are not working¶
Problem #1: Your crontab is not configured¶
1. Login via SSH to your server.
2. Configure your crontab by following these steps.
Note: Crontab should be configured under web-server user, e.g.
crontab -e -u www-data.
3. Wait for a while and check Scheduled Jobs to see if any jobs were executed (see a Log panel).
Problem #2. Crontab is configured, but Scheduled Jobs are not working¶
To make sure there are no errors when cron is running, try to run the cron command in a terminal:
1. Login via SSH to your server.
2. Go to the directory where EspoCRM is installed. E.g. for
/var/www/html/espocrm directory the command is:
3. Run the crontab command:
Note: It's better to execute under web-server user. If you are logged in as root, the command should be (e.g for Ubuntu):
sudo -u www-data php cron.php
www-data is a web-server user.
4. If there are no errors, check Scheduled Jobs to see if any job was executed (see a Log panel).
Running rebuild from CLI¶
Sometimes you need to run rebuild from the command line interface when the application is not loading.
EspoCRM is not loading after upgrade¶
This can happen sometimes on some shared hostings.
Check permissions of the files: /index.php /api/v1/index.php
They must be 644. If any of those file has permission 664 you need to change it to 644. Use your hosting's control panel or chmod command.
chmod 644 /path/to/file
More information about file permissions: here.
MySQL error: The server requested authentication method unknown to the client¶
MySQL 8.0.4 has changed default authentication method to
caching_sha2_password which is not supported by PHP. This issue can be solved by this solution.
Emails are not being fetched¶
- Make sure cron is running. You will see the error notification on the main administration page if cron is not running.
- Check EspoCRM log (data/logs) and server logs for errors.
- Check log at Administration > Scheduled Job > Check Personal Email Accounts. Make sure there are no records with failed status.
- Check log at Administration > Scheduled Job > Check Group Email Accounts. Make sure there are no records with failed status.
Enabling debug mode for a logger¶
To enable debug mode for log, edit the file
data/config.php and change the value:
'logger' => [ ... 'level' => 'WARNING', ... ]
'logger' => [ ... 'level' => 'DEBUG', ... ]
Admin password is lost, can't log in¶
Available since EspoCRM 5.8.3.
Run the following command in CLI:
php command.php set-password [username]
[username] is a user name, e.g.