How to upgrade EspoCRM¶
Upgrade from CLI¶
Available as of v5.6.
This is the most preferable way to upgrade.
Command to run:
php command.php upgrade
This will check the next available version, download it and install. Once the upgrade is complete, it will prompt to run the command again, if a newer version is available.
Note: Upgrading process may take a while. Do not close the terminal until it's finished.
- Make a backup before upgrading.
- Make sure you have free disk space on the server.
- Disable cron (at Administration > Settings) before upgrading. Enable it back after the upgrade is finished. This will prevent situations when a job started on the previous version and finished on the new version. In most cases this won't cause any issues though. The most significant problem it may cause is the job not being finished.
- Enable Maintenance Mode (at Administration > Settings) before upgrading. Disable after the upgrade is finished. This will prevent non-admin users accessing the application before you started upgrading.
- opcache.enable_cli parameter in PHP should be set to false (by default it's usually set to false).
It's recommended to run upgrade either under the webserver user (usually www-data) or root user.
Available parameters (only for advanced users):
-y− run w/o user confirmation;
-s− run an upgrade in a single process;
--file="EspoCRM-upgrade.zip"− install a specific upgrade package (path to file).
Example of using parameters:
php command.php upgrade -y --file="EspoCRM-upgrade.zip"
Legacy way to upgrade¶
For EspoCRM versions lower than 5.6.0. Not recommended for versions greater than 5.6.0.
Execute the following command from the EspoCRM root directory:
php upgrade.php /path/to/upgrade/package.zip
Upgrade from UI¶
This is not recommended way to upgrade. It may cause problems.
Step 1. Check your current version¶
To check your current version, go to Administration > Upgrade page.
Step 2. Download needed upgrade packages¶
Go to the download upgrade page and download needed packages (based on your current version).
Step 3. Run upgrade from Administration panel¶
Go to Administration > Upgrade. Upload and install upgrade packages one by one.